You have finished school and would like to spend some time one the other side of the world before you start your university course or find a job for yourself? Why not come to New Zealand, one of the most beautiful countries on Earth where you could combine the excitement of being in a different country with work experience in a different language. You could improve your English, learn what it’s like to work in a different culture and add this experience to your CV.
What you need to submit
• CV in Englisch
• Cover letter in Englisch
• If possible, an introductory video in English
• Copy of your passport
• Copy of your police vetting result (Polizeiliches Führungszeugnis)
• A photo of yourself (full-body)
• Minimum age: 18 years
• Excellent command of spoken and written English (or enrolment in English language course for the duration of your stay)
• Passport valid at least three more months after entrance date
• Tolerance towards different cultures
• Flexibility / Independence / Openmindedness
• Minimum of 12 Weeks of Internship
Services provided by us
• Help finding an internship in New Zealand
• Organise a skype interview with potential employer
• Help with visa requirments
• Arrange accommodation in homestay, backpackers or apartment.
• Arrange shuttle bus collection at airport, if needed
• Be available during the duration of your stay, 24/7
• Organise activity programme (weekly or monthly) at a little extra cost
Please note that Internships are generally unpaid. In some cases, you might be provided with free accommodation, but generally it is not included. In some cases and depending on your visa situation, employers will be happy to offer you a job after three months of unpaid internship, but this cannot be guaranteed. Volunteer work is often paid through free board and free food (Woofing) and involves general farm work, fruit picking, animal care, or similar work. Please also note that you must apply for a Working Holiday Visa or a student visa (if studying English at the same time) if you want to do an internship in New Zealand.